Say Hola to a trip that’s more than just tacos and tequila – prepare for una buena adventure into the heart and soul of Mexico. From Aztec to Zapotec, La Copita to pasita – this cultural cocktail blends the best of the country’s ruins, cuisines and natural wonders into an eight-day journey through colourful markets, Indigenous cultures and all the mezcal you can manage. From the fiery capital of Mexico City to the culinary paradise of Oaxaca, you’ll hang out in quirky bars in Puebla, explore the ancient ruins of Monte Alban and discover the vibrant art scene of Oaxaca. With a local leader who knows all the best secrets, you’re guaranteed to get a taste of Mexico’s magic at every turn.
- Visit the community of San Pedro Tlahuac, where Nahuatl descendants preserve traditions from pre-Columbian times, including chinampa farming, fiestas and ceremonies from ancient days.
- Quench your thirst with a glass of pasita in Puebla’s famous La Pasita bar. Knock back this sweet liquor with your fellow travellers on an included visit – it’s your leader’s shout!
- Learn the local lingo with a leader-lead Spanish lesson on the way to Puebla. Watch the rolling hills as you practice your rolling R’s and memorise the all-important phrases (like how to order a cerveza).
- Visit a local black pottery studio and learn about the secret history of this artform – watch a demonstration using this ‘pottery of the night’ and support the locals who hold this tradition in such high regard.
- Visit the ancient ruins of Monte Alban – a UNESCO World Heritage site that tells the story of the Olmec, Zapotec and Mixtec peoples.
- By travelling on this trip, you’ll directly support our Intrepid Foundation partner, Gastromotiva. Donations provide job training for vulnerable youth in Rio De Janeiro and promote the importance of sustainable cooking.