Get an authentic taste of Mexico on a 9-day journey through some of the country’s most famous culinary regions. Meander through Oaxaca’s aromatic markets with a local chef, take to the streets of Puebla to sample some the city’s local specialties, learn how to cook fresh seafood on the coast and tuck into tacos in Mexico City. Your local leader will help you dig into the culture and history of Mexico with walking tours, visits to ancient ruins and local interactions. If you’re after cultural richness, authentic experiences and flavoursome food that’s tinged with fiesta, then this adventure is for you.
- Kick off your adventure with a taco dinner in Mexico City, your chance to try the authentic version of one of the world’s favourite foods.
- Get hands on with a market visit and cooking class with a local chef in Oaxaca, and a seafood cooking class in the coastal town of Huatulco.
- Visit the community of San Pedro Tlahuac, where Nahuatl descendants preserve traditions from pre-Columbian times, including chinampa farming, fiestas and ceremonies from ancient days.
- Dig into the culture and history of Mexico during a walking tour of Mexico City’s historical centre and a visit to the ancient Mitla ruins.
- This trip takes you to the source of some of the nation's most iconic foods, including churros, barbacoa, tamales, tortillas, elotes and mole.