It’s not called the Land of Enchantment for nothing – New Mexico will soon have you under its spell. Vast, varied and totally captivating, these landscapes are best explored on two wheels, and with a local leader by your side you’ll gain a deeper understanding of the region. Jumping off from the creative capital of Santa Fe, cycle your way past canyons, mountains and adobe churches, taking in scenes that have inspired painters and photographers for centuries. Explore the ancient relics of Bandelier National Monument and pedal to the communities surrounding Taos, home to artisans and artists alike.
- Starting and finishing in the creative hub of Santa Fe, your local cycling leader will introduce you to the town’s fascinating history as you cycle around its most spectacular sights.
- When you’re not cycling you’ll explore New Mexico on foot, hiking through the dramatic landscapes of Bandelier National Monument, which hide ancient petroglyphs, rock-carved dwellings and masonry walls.
- Challenge your legs and reward your eyes as you cycle the celebrated High Road to Taos, a scenic path that weaves through the Sangre de Cristo Mountains between Santa Fe and Taos.
- Ride through the iconic landscapes that inspired the works of Ansel Adams and Georgia O’Keeffe, including the San Francisco de Asis, one of the most photographed churches in the USA.
- Discover New Mexico’s eclectic art scene as you pedal to the small communities that drive the local culture, including Arroyo Seco, home to artists, sculptors, jewellers and eateries.