Find ancient traditions and enduring landscapes in Asia’s newest country on this 9-day expedition through little-visited Timor-Leste. Start in the capital of Dili where you’ll visit local cafes, the traditional Tais market, and learn about the country’s confronting past at local museums. Travel away from the city, hike to the summit of Timor-Leste’s tallest mountains, and meet farmers at local coffee plantations. Spend time on Atauro Island where you’ll get to know a local family and snorkel in the world’s most biodiverse coral reefs. Along the way, visit several social enterprises dedicated to supporting and empowering the people of Timor-Leste.
- Did you know Timor-Leste’s coral reefs are the most biodiverse in the world? See for yourself during guided snorkelling excursions on Atauro Island.
- Hike to the summit of Timor-Leste’s tallest mountain, Mt Ramelau, a challenging but rewarding trek that will deliver incredible views over the country at sunrise.
- Visit local coffee farms, plantations and cafes to learn how coffee is produced and understand its importance to local culture.
- Know your time in Timor-Leste is doing good with multiple social enterprise and community restaurant visits along the way.
- Get an unparalleled look at local life when you stay with a family in a homestay by the beach on Atauro Island. Experience Timorese hospitality and chat to your hosts about their culture.