Hug the eastern coastline of South America on a ten-day Lonely Planet Experience, powered by Intrepid. This down-to-earth adventure takes you from Buenos Aires to Rio de Janeiro via Colonia del Sacramento, a working estancia and the spectacular Iguazu Falls. Embrace ranch life during your estancia stay and explore the grounds on horseback, wonder at the largest waterfall in the world and get a taste of Rio’s nightlife.
- Soak up the cosmopolitan charms of Buenos Aires and explore the sights of its historic city centre on foot.
- Spend three days at a working estancia (farm) in Uruguay, where you can spend your time getting involved in farm work, riding horses or simply relaxing in the sun.
- Enjoy incredible home-cooking and hospitality during your estancia stay, and learn about Uruguay’s gauchos – legendary cowboys.
- Stop in colourful Colonia del Sacramento, where vintage cars line the streets and an old drawbridge leads to the UNESCO-listed Old Quarter.
- The mighty Iguazu Falls straddles the border between Argentina and Brazil, and you’ll cross the border to see it from both countries.