Explore South America with Lonely planet and Intrepid Travel on this 31-day tour. Take the road less travelled from sky-high La Paz to party-ready Rio de Janeiro, stopping along the way to see the mind-bending Uyani Salt Flat, follow your rhythm in Buenos Aires, ride horses on a Uruguayan estancia and wonder at the incredible power of Iguazu Falls. This overland adventure is big on freedom – your local leader will give you insider info, your group will provide the company of curious, like-minded travellers, and then you decide how you want to spend your days.
- Take a unique route from La Paz to Rio de Janeiro, stopping at tiny villages and indigenous towns along the way to get an authentic view of South America.
- Hit the off-road on a two-day 4WD adventure across the largest salt flats in the world – Uyuni – exploring cactus islands, train cemeteries and mineral lakes teeming with flamingos.
- Harness your inner gaucho during a three-day stay at a working estancia in Uruguay. Ride horses relax in nature or get involved with farm work – it’s up to you.
- The mighty Iguazu Falls straddles the border between Argentina and Brazil, and this tour includes a visit to both sides for a complete experience.
- Spend a day in Tilcara, one of the oldest continuously inhabited places in Argentina that is surrounded by steep and spectacular gorges and mountains.