Take a deep dive into Peru, Bolivia, Argentina, Uruguay and Brazil on an epic 51-day trip. With local leaders guiding you to the best neighbourhoods as well as plenty of time to explore independently, you’ll wonder what took you so long to appreciate this corner of the globe. Trek or train to the lost Inca citadel of Machu Picchu, spend a few days on a working estancia in Uruguay, take a 4WD adventure through the Andean desert to the Uyuni salt flats and wind up in all the best cities – Buenos Aires, La Paz and Lima, to name a few. Finish up with beach and party vibes in Brazil – a perfect spot to chill out after your adventure to South America’s hotspots.
- Explore elegant colonial architecture, political history in spades and hilly neighbourhoods dotted with terracotta roofs – Sucre might be Bolivia’s most beautiful city.
- Take an unforgettable 4WD adventure across the Salar de Uyuni – some of the largest salt lakes in the world. Pass cactus islands, train cemeteries and mineral lakes teeming with flamingos.
- The giant desert inscriptions of the Nazca Lines are one of Peru's great unsolved mysteries, and so is the lost Inca city of Machu Picchu. You’ll experience both your own way, with a range of options to choose from.
- Enjoy delicious home-cooking and warm hospitality during your three-day estancia stay, and learn about Uruguay’s gauchos – legendary cowboys – while on the ranch.
- After seeing its virgin rainforests, blue lagoons and splendid beaches, you’d never imagine that Ilha Grande had such a treacherous pirate history. This is true natural beauty, Brazilian style.