Experience the full spectrum of South America on this epic 39-day adventure. Follow in the footsteps of ancient people on the Inca Trail in Peru, drive past volcanoes, lakes, llamas and flamingos in the Atacama Desert and marvel at the might of Iguazu Falls. Spend nights on a working estancia (farm) in Uruguay and at a homestay on Lake Titicaca, sample Argentinian barbecue in Buenos Aires and roam through the Amazon jungle. With like-minded travel companions and a local leader providing recommendations at every stop, this’ll be a South American expedition like no other.
- Head to a local community and rub shoulders with the inhabitants of the Sacred Valley – if you’re lucky, your travel day might even fall on market day where you can pick up some hand-painted beads or a warm poncho.
- Roam the Amazon Jungle by boat at night (with an expert local) and float down the river, keeping an eye out for the glaring eyes of jaguars, anacondas and caimans.
- Embark on a three-day adventure by 4WD across the rocky Atacama Desert in Salar de Uyuni and the largest salt lakes in the world. Pass cactus islands, train cemeteries and mineral lakes teeming with birdlife.
- Spend two nights at a working estancia (farm) in Uruguay, where you can spend your time getting involved in farm work, learning about gauchos, riding horses or simply relaxing in the sun.
- The mighty Iguazu Falls straddles the border between Argentina and Brazil, and you’ll cross the border to see its incredible cascades from both sides.