Travel from the heady heights of the Andes to the exotic lowlands of the Amazon on this journey through the best of Peru. Get acquainted with the charm and grace of historic towns before hiking along ancient pathways to Machu Picchu and discovering the heart and soul of the Inca Empire. Then eyeball exotic plant and wildlife in the world’s most remarkable jungle. From vibrant cities to glorious natural wonders, this trip shows you all corners of Peru.
- There's no better place to fuel up for an Inca Trail trek than Lima, home to a booming food scene full of delicious specialties like ceviche and chicharron
- Marvel at the mother of all Inca cities – Machu Picchu – during a guided tour of the site. You can either get there the (very) old-fashioned way via the Inca Trail, or take a train if trekking’s not your thing
- Take a guided stroll through Cusco, where Inca temples and Spanish cathedrals alike line the cobblestone streets
- Spend time with a community near Ollantaytambo and have a go at the Quechua language over a bite of the local cuisine for lunch
- Experience the untouched, evergreen splendour of the Amazon Jungle. Explore rainforest trails with a local guide, looking out for monkeys, parrots, and medicinal plants, then fall asleep in a lodge lit by candles and kerosene lamps