With miles of beautiful coastline, much of which most travellers don’t get the opportunity to witness, Vietnam shines with new light when seen from the comfort of a small cruise ship. Climb aboard the plush Panorama II for a memorable journey from Hanoi, in the north, to Ho Chi Minh City, in the south. Without forgetting iconic Ha Long Bay, lively Nha Trang and the old town of Hoi An, experience the destinations seldom seen by anyone but local fisherman. Contrast tiny islands and traditional village life with the likes of Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park, an unspoiled paradise where tourism is yet to gain a firm footing. The ideal combination of leisure and adventure, this comfortable small-ship cruise is bound to create to make lifelong memories for lovers of South East Asia.
- Be enchanted by the dreamlike scenery of Ha Long Bay, Vietnam’s must-see natural wonder of limestone islands
- Venture to where relatively few tourists have gone before – the extraordinary Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park, where caves as long as 30 kilometres were discovered only recently
- Spend time at the Vinh Moc tunnels and Khe Sanh Combat Base, both of which provide an eye-opening insight into the America-Vietnam war
- Stroll the tailors and artisan shops of Hoi An and take home that bespoke souvenir
- Gain insight into an age-old craft with a pottery demonstration in Bau Truc, the oldest pottery village in South East Asia
- Drop anchor in Phan Tiet to see the gigantic Tra Cu reclining Buddha, the Fairy Spring and the remarkable sand dunes of Mui Ne