You and Borneo meet in Kota Kinabalu – we think this could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship. Get hot and sweaty climbing up Mt Kinabalu, then hot and wet-ty soaking in the Poring Hot Springs on the way down. Plus, orangutans in Sepilok! And (potentially) elephants along the Kinabatangan River! Try not to indulge in too much ikan panggang (stingray – a local delicacy), but we won’t blame you if you do. This 11-day adventure of what Borneo has to offer is certainly a challenge, but is well worth the rewards along the way.
- This is one of only two places in the world you can see wild orangutans – meet these friendly fellas swinging around, climbing up trees and just generally living their jungle life in the Sepilok Rehabilitation Centre.
- Monkeys, primates and simians everywhere! Well, here’s hoping as you cruise past the wildlife-filled banks of the Kinabatangan River.
- Good mountains are hard to climb, but you’ll be a conqueror of epic Mt Kinabalu, with a spectacular sunrise experience at the summit.
- Relax and recharge your weary limbs in the steamy Poring Hot Springs after you tackle Mt Kinabalu.
- Bar hop through Kota Kinabalu on a leader-led celebratory adventure of the waterfront. Spend some time with your travel mates and grab yourself some dinner and drinks – you’ll deserve it after your active days!