Northern Thailand is a treasure-trove filled with glittering temples, ancient ruins, exotic markets and sumptuous foods. Explore the capital of Siam’s golden age at Sukhothai, visit the bustling markets of Chiang Mai, stay at a special homestay with local friends and enjoy a traditional khantok dinner – there’s so much to discover on this tour through Thailand’s northern kingdoms.
- Work up an appetite with a leisurely cycle through the ancient Buddhas and ruined temples of World Heritage-listed Sukhothai Park, then feast on a home-cooked picnic lunch
- Experience daily rural life firsthand when staying with long-time Intrepid friends in a small Thai village
- Support an important animal welfare initiative and get close to incredible creatures at Friends of the Asian Elephant
- Pick up some impressive new culinary skills and taste delicious local dishes at a Thai cooking class
- Travel on an overnight sleeper train from Chiang Mai to Bangkok, traversing the country while being rocked asleep on the rails
- Experience travelling in Thailand with an experience local leader, like Naa: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/naa-intrepid-leader-thailand/