Taste mystery and intrigue on a revealing tour of Russia – a land that lay hidden behind the Iron Curtain for decades. Experience the grandeur of Moscow, the beauty of Russia’s ancient capitals Suzdal and Novgorod, and the grace of St Petersburg. Visit the intricately detailed cathedrals, historic monuments, age-old treasures and romantic landscapes of this great nation, and find the heart of enigmatic Russia. Experience the diverse delights of the Baltic states on this adventurous journey through Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland and Germany. From the medieval spires of Tallinn and the funky bars of Riga to the Baroque-styled quirks of Vilnius, hidden delights await. Visit colourful markets, be immersed in art and architecture and trek past Lithuanian lakes.
- Red Square has long been at the heart of Russian history – visit the austere mausoleum of Lenin, the initiator of the 1917 Russian revolution, contrasting with the eye-bulging treasure collection in the Kremlin and Armoury Museum
- Discover the secrets of Russia’s oldest kremlin in Novgorod and see the Millennium Monument, which tells the story of 1,000 years of Russian history
- Share in traditional tastes with a visits to the homes of our local friends in Suzdal & St Petersburg for a hearty home cooked meal, piles of pancakes and endless cups of tea
- Experience the joys of train travel as we traverse by high-speed Sapsan train and on an overnight sleeper from Moscow to Novgorod.
- Encounter the legacy of Russian tsar Peter the Great while exploring the enigmatic streets that showcase the many palaces and museums of St Petersburg.
- With its perfectly preserved medieval wall and watchtowers, Tallinn's quaint Old Town is a great place to explore on foot
- Aukstaitija National Park offers unique opportunities for both activity and relaxation. Kayak across pristine lakes, indulge in home-cooked meals and cleanse yourself in a traditional sauna
- Warsaw's Uprising Museum offers a thought-provoking insight into the 1944 Polish resistance against Nazi Germany
- Cycle along the endless dunes and stunning beaches of Lithuania's Curonian Spit National Park on a full-day bike tour, making a visit to charming Nida village
- History is signposted on every corner of Berlin. The empty shelves of Bebelplatz, the Holocaust Memorial, the confronting Topography of Terror, and of course the remains of the Berlin Wall are just some of the sites paying homage to the city's dark past