Containing in its borders the world’s largest salt pans, inland delta and number of elephants, Botswana has plenty to boast about. Taking in also Zimbabwe’s Victoria Falls and Namibia’s Zambezi region, this trip celebrates both the natural and cultural highlights of Botswana. Stay in a lodge overlooking a watering hole frequented by elephants, jump in jeeps and set out on game drives in Chobe National Park, paddle through the Okavango Delta in a traditional dug-out canoe, and be welcomed into the villages of the Hambukushu and Xwe people. If it’s a diversity of landscapes, wildlife and cultures you’re after, then this is ultimate trip.
- Enjoy a unique stay at Elephant Sands Lodge, where you can witness a herd of these magnificent creatures bath and drink in the natural waterhole only metres from your porch.
- Glide through the wildlife-filled waterways of the Okavango by mokoro, this traditional dug-out canoe is the best way to experience the delta up-close.
- Seek out pods of hippos wallowing in the waters and surround yourself with an abundance of birdlife on a 4WD game drive through Chobe National Park.
- Be welcomed into the villages of the Hambukushu and Xwe people in Namibia, and get the opportunity to observe their unique customs and way of life.
- Experience the rugged beauty of Botswana in comfort as you stay in meru-style permanent tents, lodges and hotels on this Original style trip.