Travel along ancient caravan routes towards the Sahara on this nine-day cycling and hiking adventure through Morocco. Explore by foot, bike and even camel to get a totally immersive feel for this country. Cycle across mountain passes and through Amazigh villages. Hike through lush oases and towering gorges. Spend nights off the beaten path in a traditional Amazigh gite and at a desert campsite under dark skies bursting with millions of stars. This journey strikes the perfect balance of breathtaking adventure and cultural discovery.
- See a different side of Morocco by bike on two guided cycling trips –get closer to authentic Morocco, get off the beaten tracks through Amazigh villages and among fruit and nut trees.
- Descend out of the mountains along a former caravan route into the historic fortified oasis of Ait Benhaddou.
- Ride a camel across shifting sand dunes in Erg Chebbi, take a night desert walk and camp in a tent under the stars.
- Hike among the towering red gorges and lush green palms of Todra.
- Start and end your trip in colourful Marrakech, and discover the Djemaa el-Fna Square and winding alleys with a local leader who knows all the secrets.
- By travelling on this trip, you’ll directly support our Intrepid Foundation partner, World Bicycle Relief. Donations provide school kids, health workers, and farmers in far-out areas with bicycles that provide access to education, healthcare, and income.