Rwanda is oft-missed destination that every human should visit. Not only will you learn about the devastating events that took place here, you’ll also witness a beautiful country that’s continuously striving to move forward. Combine this with an unforgettable adventure searching for the mountain gorillas of Uganda and you’ve got a trip that can sometimes be physically and emotionally challenging, but will be talked about for the rest of your life.
- With gorilla permits included in the price of the trip, seek out the rare mountain gorilla on a trek through Uganda's steamy forests and spend an unforgettable hour in their presence.
- Learn about Rwanda's devastating history with visits to different genocide museums and churches of significance
- Visit Mikozi Village and become acquainted with the Ugandan countryside. Visit the local markets, speak with a traditional Ugandan healer and enjoy a drink or two at the local bar
- Spend two nights in beautiful Gisenyi at a resort on the north shore of Lake Kivu. Here, spend free time hiking, taking a boat cruise, touring the town or simply walking the lakeside.
- Enjoy an optional cycling tour around the twin lakes on the outskirts of Ruhengeri, passing through small towns and villages where you will have extended time interacting with the local community.