Rwanda is oft-missed destination that every human should visit. Not only will you learn about the devastating events that took place here, you’ll also witness a beautiful country that’s continuously striving to move forward. Combine this with an unforgettable adventure searching for the mountain gorillas of Uganda and you’ve got a trip that can sometimes be physically and emotionally challenging, but will be talked about for the rest of your life.
- With gorilla permits included in the price of the trip, seek out the rare mountain gorilla on a trek through Uganda's steamy forests and spend an unforgettable hour in their presence.
- Learn about Rwanda's devastating history with visits to different genocide museums and churches of significance
- Visit Mikozi Village and become acquainted with the Ugandan countryside. Visit the local markets, speak with a traditional Ugandan healer and enjoy a drink or two at the local bar
- Spend two nights in beautiful Gisenyi at a resort on the north shore of Lake Kivu. Here, spend free time hiking, taking a boat cruise, touring the town or simply walking the lakeside.
- Enjoy a cycling tour around the Twin Lakes on the outskirts of Ruhengeri, passing through small towns and villages where you will have extended time interacting with the local community.