Rwanda and Uganda are often-overlooked travel destinations – but as an intrepid traveller, you won’t want to miss this nine-day journey through their wild landscapes, rich in history and wildlife. Learn about the devastating events that took place in Rwanda, a beautiful country that’s continuously striving to move forward. Combine this with the incredible scenery and diverse animal life of Uganda and an unforgettable adventure searching for mountain gorillas, and you’ll experience the full spectrum of emotions and physical challenges.
- With gorilla permits included in the price of the trip, seek out the rare mountain gorilla on a trek through Uganda's steamy forests and spend an unforgettable hour in their presence.
- Learn about Rwanda's devastating history with a visit to the Kigali Genocide Memorial Centre, and see what life looks like today with a tour of the city’s most vibrant neighbourhoods.
- Get to know the diverse wildlife of Queen Elizabeth National Park on a series of 4x4 game drives and an optional boat cruise around the lake.
- You won’t even have to get out of bed to enjoy wildlife and wonderful views – Safari lodges and Eco Camps deliver epic scenery and wild visitors like elephants, buffalo, and hippos to your doorstep.
- Visit The Gorilla Doctors HQ and learn about how they're saving the species one gorilla patient at a time, knowing that a proportion of your trip cost goes back to supporting the important work they do.
- By travelling on this trip, you’ll directly support our Intrepid Foundation partner, Gorilla Doctors. Donations help them care for injured mountain and Grauer's gorillas – contributing to the long-term sustainability of gorilla populations.