Brimming with mighty predators and birds, the Serengeti and Ngorongoro Crater are must-visits for any Tanzania trip, but safaris are only the beginning. This unique cycling adventure has you cruising down Great Rift Valley escarpments, strolling through farm villages, roasting and grinding your own coffee, drifting off to sleep among nocturnal creatures, experiencing the culture of the Maasai people, pedalling far off the beaten track to trails where no cars go, and of course sipping sundowners at sunset. With a support vehicle at every step of the journey, take your time to discover Tanzania on two wheels.
- Get the best view of Tanzania’s landscapes from two-wheels – cycle in the shadow of Mount Meru in Arusha and ride alongside wildebeest in Lake Manyara.
- Refuel for the ride with a cup of Tanzanian coffee. Roast, grind and taste your own in the village of Tengeru and get a closer look at local farm life.
- Cycle where tourists rarely go, across the remote, barely charted plains of Lengai in the realm of vast grasslands and misty volcanic peaks.
- The Serengeti National Park and Ngorongoro Crater are two of Africa’s very best wildlife arenas. Fall asleep to the sounds of the African night and take a safari in search of the rare black rhino.
- Stretch your legs on an optional hike to the volcanic peak of Ol Doinyo Lengai, a challenging trek that will reward you with superb sunrise views.