Brimming with mighty predators and birds, the Serengeti and Ngorongoro Crater are must-visits for any Tanzania trip, but safaris are only the beginning. This unique cycling adventure has you cruising down the Great Rift Valley escarpment, strolling through farm villages, roasting and grinding your own coffee, drifting off to sleep among nocturnal creatures, experiencing the culture of the Maasai people, pedalling far off the beaten track to trails where no cars go, and of course sipping sundowners at sunset. With a support vehicle at every step of the journey, take your time to discover Tanzania on two wheels.
- Cycling is the perfect way to enjoy the incredible landscapes of Tanzania. When the going gets tough, ride in the support vehicle, and when it’s time to see wildlife, swap the bike for a jeep or truck
- Kick off your adventure with that cornerstone of all cycling adventures – coffee. Roast, grind and taste your own in the village of Tengeru
- The Serengeti National Park and Ngorongoro Crater are two of Africa’s very best wildlife arenas. Fall asleep surrounded by creatures of the African plains and take a safari in search of the rare black rhino
- Venture to the weird and the wonderful – the far-out Ol Doinyo Lengai volcano, Hemingway’s beloved Lake Manyara and the flamingo-dotted, deep-pink chameleon that is Lake Natron
- Cycle where tourists rarely go, across the remote, barely-charted plains of Lengai in the realm of misty volcanic peaks
- Enjoy the long and winding descent into the stunning Great Rift Valley, barely pedalling a single stroke