Bless the rains of East Africa on an eight-day safari adventure through Kenya and Tanzania. The famed national parks in the Serengeti and Ngorongoro Crater region are home to an astounding array of animals, from miniature dik-dik antelopes and lions to the noble African elephant. With local guides and all of your needs taken care of, head on a number of game drives in search of the Big Five in the back of specially designed safari vehicles. With stops at a local community in Mto wa Mbu, the vast Lake Victoria and bustling Nairobi, this journey is fit for the most curious traveller, eager to explore the fascinating towns and fertile savannahs of Africa’s east.
- Explore the Serengeti National Park in depth – with game drives through this spectacular wildlife arena, you’ll have the best chance to spot the Big Five.
- Embark on an unforgettable safari across the floor of the Ngorongoro Crater in an open-roof 4WD with your small group for a chance to see the endangered black rhinoceros in full view.
- Learn about the Maasai cultures, and join a local community for a guided afternoon stroll around the farming area of Mto wa Mbu, before enjoying a traditional meal together.
- Explore Amboseli National Park, home to the largest population of African elephants in Kenya - known for large tuskers and exquisite views of Mt Kilimanjaro on clear days.
- Your expert local crew will keep you well informed (and well fed!) – filling you in on all you need to know about the Great Rift Valley and the annual migration of some two million wildebeest.
- By travelling on this trip, you’ll directly support our Intrepid Foundation partner, Patinaai Osim Community Care Organisation. Donations support their livelihood programs which help indigenous Maasai women identify alternative income-generating activities to support their families.