Embrace the wilds of Eastern Africa on a 16-day Lonely Planet Experience, powered by Intrepid. Discover the winding alleyways of Stone Town, journey through epic landscapes in search of zebras and elephants, relax at a riverside campsites, explore ancient Zimbabwean ruins and gaze at the sweeping plains of the savanna – with a local leader and crew on hand to sweat all the small stuff so you can focus on exploring with a group of like-minded adventurers. This is your chance to spot the Big Five and escape the chaotic pace of the city for the quiet of villages Africa’s pride lands.
- Discover the magic of South Luangwa National Park on a morning safari game drive. This park is a highly concentrated arena of noble African beasts and exotic wildflowers.
- Get a chance to explore the largest ruins in sub-Saharan Africa – the World Heritage-listed Great Zimbabwe, thought to be the former palace of an ancient monarch.
- Discover the history and heritage of local communities – including the San People – with guided cultural walks and a knowledgeable local leader to provide insights.
- Eastern Africa isn’t just about animals and wide-open savannas. Get to know the colourful cities of the region, including Lusaka, Harare and Bulawayo.
- Choose from a range of optional activities at Victoria Falls so you can see the cascades the way you want, and maybe treat yourself to a helicopter ride.