Travel with Lonely Planet and Intrepid – from the mighty Victoria Falls through Zimbabwe, Zambia, Malawi and Tanzania – to experience all the incredible sights, sounds and cultures Eastern Africa has to offer. Head on overland game drives in search of lions, leopards and, if you’re lucky, rare black rhinos. Explore World Heritage-listed sites like the Great Zimbabwe Ruins. Swim and snorkel in the clear, fresh waters of Lake Malawi. Meet locals to gain insight into the enduring cultures of these communities. Wind up on the shores of the Indian Ocean in Zanzibar after an unforgettable 17-day journey full of local knowledge and epic adventures.
- The cascades and evaporating mist of Victoria Falls are a wondrous sight. Have the opportunity to see the falls at multiple angles, perhaps with a bird’s eye view in a helicopter!
- Visit the Victoria Falls Wildlife Trust to learn about the rehabilitation of wildlife from poaching and get the chance to meet some rescued or orphaned wildlife currently in their care.
- Discover the magic of South Luangwa National Park on a morning safari game drive. This park is a highly concentrated arena of noble African beasts and exotic wildflowers.
- The east of Africa isn’t all just roaming wildlife and open plains. Along the way, get to know some of the vibrant cities of the region, including Lusaka, Harare and Bulawayo.
- Journey from the interior plains out to some idyllic Indian Ocean hotspots. Take a stroll along the shores in Dar es Salaam and consider extending your stay in paradisiacal Zanzibar.