This active adventure takes you straight to some of China’s most enduring symbols. Spend three days hiking the Great Wall, including time spent traversing an unrestored section. Less known than other parts, stroll this iconic path and take in jaw-dropping views, often without another traveller in sight! Change gears and swap your walking shoes for the saddle of a bike for a scenic bike ride through villages and countryside. Tour the tombs of Ming dynasty emperors, then restore your Zen with a lesson in kung fu from a local master.
- Hike along unrestored sections of the Great Wall, with magnificent views of the Wall winding along mountain ridges, maybe even all to ourselves!
- Glimpse how country life is evolving near Beijing with a bike ride through nearby villages and orchards.
- Pedal to the Ming tombs to learn the myths and legends of the Ming dynasty emperors laid to rest here.
- Maximise time spend on the Great Wall by staying at family-run local guesthouses nearby our hikes where we can sit down to delicious home-cooked meals after long days of trekking.
- Find your Zen while learning kung fu from a local master. Learn the basic principles and common misconceptions of the martial art while being guided through moves and practices.