This seven-day active adventure takes you straight to some of China’s most enduring symbols. Spend three days hiking sections of the Great Wall of China, including time spent walking an unrestored trail. Less known than other parts, take in some jaw-dropping views, often without another traveller in sight! Keep the activity coming and unearth your inner zen with a lesson in kung fu from a local master, then change gears and swap your walking shoes for the saddle of a bike for city biking tour in Beijing. If it’s an active adventure of China you want, an active adventure you’ll get.
- Take a longer hike along unrestored sections of the Great Wall away from the tourist hordes, admiring the views of winding mountain ranges and endless horizons.
- Discover local life near the Great Wall when staying at a family-run local guesthouse, sitting down to a delicious home-cooked meal each evening.
- Find your zen while learning kung fu from a local master. Learn the basic principles and common misconceptions of this martial art while being guided through moves and practices.
- Explore the Forbidden City and then cycle around Beijing on a bike tour that takes you through parks, temples and winding alleyways.
- Learn the ways of Chinese daily life and culture, stopping by for home-cooked meals with families during your adventure. There’s no better way to get under the skin of a place than speaking to those who call it home.