We’ve taken our most popular trip to Rajasthan and one of the top selling trips in our entire range and added a royal celebration of one of the worlds most spectacular festivals. Celebrate the world-renowned Hindu ‘festival of colours’ on an enchanting adventure through the northern state of Rajasthan. Discover the fierce history of massive forts and the opulence and splendour of Maharajahs’ palaces, search for the elusive Bengal tiger in the stunning surrounds of Ranthambhore National Park, watch the blazing Indian sun set over the remote village of Madhogarh from your heritage hotel and get among the colourful festivities in the beautiful town of Bundi. This is truly the essence of Rajasthan – magnified by the magic of Holi.
- Experience the magic of Holi Festival with a royal family in Bundi – dance in clouds of coloured smoke and immerse yourself in the music and celebrations!
- Explore northern India with the luxury of a local leader on hand to give you all the insider info and ensure that you have a memorable experience of this captivating, but sometimes challenging, country.
- Watch the sunset from a rampart on Fort Madhogarh, one of our heritage hotels (and a former royal residence) that will be your accommodation while here.
- Keep your adrenaline charged with an evening tiger-spotting safari among the lakes and jungles of one of India's well-known national parks – Ranthambhore.
- Visit our local friends in their home on the border of sacred Pushkar Lake and the evocative Thar Desert. Share a meal together and gain insight into local life.
- Could any visit to India be complete without a visit to the Taj Mahal? Here's what you need to know about your visit: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/taj-mahal-travel-guide/