Travel across this huge country on this trailblazing adventure tour. In the north witness pilgrims performing ancient ceremonies on the ghats of Varanasi and marvel at the iconic Taj Mahal in Agra. Down south, bask in the tropical southern climate, cruise along the Kerala Backwaters and come face-to-face with local customs in small rural towns. This fantastic trip finishes off on the gorgeous beaches of Goa – India’s idyllic beachside holiday destination. Enjoy the freedom to be immersed in the diverse cultures of big, colourful, chaotic and enchanting India.
- Experience old and new India in the bustling streets of Delhi, where ancient temples stand against billboards advertising Bollywood films.
- Discover the ancient forts, lake palaces, rural villages and colourful cities of Rajasthan.
- The Taj Mahal in Agra may be one of the most recognisable buildings in the world, but its poetic history and beauty have the power to surprise even the most jaded travellers.
- Varanasi is among the holiest cities in India. Climb to hilltop temples at sunrise, dodge cows in the street, and observe pilgrims praying and bathing along the ghats of the sacred Ganges River during an impossibly scenic sunrise boat cruise.
- Explore the beautiful south of India, getting elbows-deep in authentic southern Indian cuisine.
- A homestay with a local family is a special experience, especially in the serene backwaters of Kerala.
- Visit the World Heritage-listed Virupaksha Temple in Hampi, a spectacular monument surrounded by ruins
- Golden beaches and age-old fishing villages make Goa one of India’s most tranquil retreats – and the perfect last stop on your adventure.