This 13-day expedition takes you into the heart of Odisha, into the melting-pot marketplaces that the bloggers haven’t reached yet. Shop alongside Kondh people, explore the lush and fertile hillside that is under threat from mining companies and discover thousands of years of history etched into the sandstone walls of temples in Bhubaneswar.
- The mystical markets of Odisha are the only chance most foreigners will ever have to interact with people from the difficult to access tribes of Odisha
- Explore lush jungle, fertile hillside and brackish lakes and get a sense of why many tribes feel a spiritual connection to the land here
- Begin in the heritage-rich ‘City of Joy’, Kolkata, and explore streets lined with thousands of clay goddesses in the potter’s quarter
- See a side of India beyond the photos of the Taj Mahal and the Ganges – Odisha is a lesser-explored state full of historical and cultural treasures
- Explore the excavated caves of Khandagiri and Udaigiri, which served as a dwelling and abbey for Jain monks almost 2000 years ago in Bhubaneswar