Get deep into the heart of India on a 13-day exploration of some of its hidden gems. Explore the real sides to Hyderabad, Madurai and Mysore, and understand the local way of living in the south. Discover the unusual and expansive Ramoji Film City, get exploring around the carved temples of Mamallapuram, visit a tea plantation in the highlands of Coonoor, and finish off seaside in the important port city of Kochi. Oh, and did we mention the biryani and chai you’ll devour? Experience authentic India with a knowledgeable local leader and a comprehensive itinerary to suit.
- Spend a day exploring the world of Bollywood in Ramoji Film City: an expansive park full of filming locations. You’ll feel like you’re on the set of a blockbuster!
- Gaze in awe at the Pancha Rathas – five Hindu temples in Mamallapuram that are each carved from a single piece of rock.
- Go in search for elephants and tigers, as well as macaque, civet, giant flying squirrel, striped hyena and leopard on an included safari in the lush Bandipur National Park.
- Tingle your taste buds with the perfect cuppa on a visit to one of Coonoor’s tea plantations. Learn about how tea leaves go from plant to cup.
- Get a taste of southern Indian cuisine, indulging in sweet chutneys, seafood curries, stuffed dosa and more. Witness the ancient art of a chai wallah, preparing a cup of goodness in front of your eyes in Madurai.