Immerse yourself in the choose-your-own adventure atmosphere of South Korean food, from bibimbap to street food markets you could get lost in (if it weren’t for your leader guiding you to the best stalls). South Korea’s food scene is often delightfully informal and meals in South Korea are all about finding your flavours. Chow down on meals served with dozens of toppings, light and crispy Korean fried chicken washed down with a small-batch craft beer, silky glass noodles stirred with colourful salad and the various delightful iterations of kimchi. Discover the flavourful diversity and heritage of this rich culinary scene.
- Enjoy a home-cooked meal of seasonal dishes in a local’s home in Busan, gaining an insight into everyday life and chatting with your friendly host about the big city over a cup of tea.
- Learn how to make everybody’s favourite pickled dish – kimchi, of course – at a cooking class in Jeonju, then try the city’s iconic bibimbap (declared an intangible cultural asset, it’s just that good).
- Meet the local stall holders in the Gwangang market of Netflix fame and try the best street food that Seoul has to offer. Then, wander the Jagalchi market – a huge seafood wonderland by the Busan port.
- Rub shoulders with the locals in a hanok (traditional home) in Jeonju, then learn about the everyday life of monks during a unique temple stay experience in Gyeongju, where you’ll eat plant-based meals and rise with the sun for morning meditation.
- Feast on all the iconic foods of South Korea, including Korean fried chicken, bibimbap, japchae, kimbap, a seafood BBQ and of course, Korean BBQ.
- By travelling on this trip, you’ll directly support our Intrepid Foundation partner, Eden Reforestation Projects. Donations help them provide local employment opportunities and tackle climate change one tree at a time as they restore forests across 10 different countries.