Pull on your walking boots, stretch those leg muscles and take to the hills on a classic Intrepid trek through Thailand’s hilltribe country. Walk along winding jungle tracks and through green fields, observing what life is really like for villagers in this remote area, and sleep in traditional bamboo huts at night. Make friends with welcoming tribespeople as you hike through this remote region where each tribe has its own distinct language, style of dress and religion and learn the secrets to jungle survival from those who know best. Stay on a few extra days to explore ancient temples in Chiang Mai – there are over 300! If you’re after a short city escape and the chance to experience the real Thailand away from the tourist crowds, then this trip is just the ticket.
- Discover real Thai countryside and its people with a 3-day trek into the hills of Northern Thailand
- Local guides deepen the learning and appreciation of different villages, each with their own language, clothing style and belief systems
- Meet and chat with friendly villagers and discover more about their unique cultures
- Stay in atmospheric wooden houses in different hilltribe villages each night
- Explore remote villages, help prepare evening meals, and feast on traditional hilltribe cuisine
- Start and finish in the temple-studded city of Chiang Mai, making this short break adventure an easy add-on to a Northern Thailand journey
- By travelling on this trip, you’ll directly support our Intrepid Foundation partner, EcoThailand Foundation. Donations help educate school children on important environmental issues like climate change, nature appreciation, conservation and sustainability.