Come on a zig-zagging adventure through the jungles, beaches, islands and villages of Costa Rica and Panama. From San Jose to Panama City in 13 days, this laidback Lonely Planet Experience will introduce you to some of the most beautiful spots in two Central American cultures, then give you the freedom to explore them however you want. With your local leader to steer you in the direction of the best bars and surf breaks, plus a small group of adventurers to enjoy them with, you can’t go wrong on this carefree Caribbean journey.
- Clear sea perfect for swimming, shacks serving cold cerveza and sandy shores covered in starfish are waiting in the Bocas del Toro, where you spend three nights on Isla Colon.
- Head to the coffee plantations, waterfalls and caldera hot springs of Boquete, a highland town so beautiful you won’t miss the beach one bit.
- Ride some of the region’s best breaks in Santa Catalina. If you'd prefer to stay dry (or horizontal), there's a hammock with your name on it.
- Cycle around the quiet streets of Puerto Viejo de Talamanca with your leader, the best way to get your bearings in this relaxed town.
- Get to know Panama City during a guided stroll along the Cinta Costera right to the city’s salty belly – the Mercado de Mariscos (seafood market).