Stunning coastlines, historic cities, pristine national parks and some of the most delicious local cuisine your stomach will ever encounter – the Western Balkans have it all. And, this epic 29-day journey will show the best of it. Beginning in Budapest, which is also known as ‘the Pearl of the Danube’, you’ll have the chance to see a range of small towns, bright lights and natural wonders across Hungary, Serbia, Bosnia, Montenegro, Croatia and Slovenia. Your local leaders along the way will be able to give you insights into the different cultures you encounter, with a focus on the people, history and food.
- Sip the famous Croatian Traminac Premium wine at a wine tasting at a 15th century family-run vineyard in quaint Ilok
- Witness Mostar's famous bridge divers hurl themselves from the stones of a bridge that has spanned the river here for centuries
- Sarajevo is one of the most scenically located cities in Europe. See the sights on a guided walking tour and learn about its recent history as a city under siege
- Spend a full day exploring the green island of Mljet – with its small seaside villages, lush national park trails, shimmering waters and largely untouched environment, you’ll never want to leave!
- Stroll through Plitvice Lakes National Park, marvelling at luminous lakes and waterfalls that seem to have been sketched by an artist