Take a trip to Italy, from the canals of Venice to the cobblestone streets of Rome. On this ten-day trip, you’ll explore historic sites and picturesque villages through some of the most incredible places in Europe’s treasure trove. Start in the canal-laden Venice and feel like you’ve stepped right into a postcard as you walk the streets on a cicchetti crawl, then visit the gorgeous Cinque Terre for hikes, photos and a pesto-making class. Soak in the coastal colours and then head to Pisa, home to that tilted tower. Explore Florence’s art, history and rich culture with loads of free time and then go on to discover the rolling green hills of Umbria. Sample wine, delicious food and great company and then move on to mighty Rome.
- Take a day trip to Perugia’s ancient town – Spello. Walk among the decorated facades, winding laneways and cobbled streets and then sample the local wine and regional delicacies at a local enoteca for lunch.
- See some iconic sites like the canals of Venice, the Duomo’s gorgeous exterior in Florence and the endless sights in Rome. Find out why these cities are loved by so many and enjoy plenty of free time to make your own discoveries.
- Eat your way through this foodie’s paradise with a cicchetti (small bites) tour in Venice, a pesto-making class in Cinque Terre and a local leader to point out all the best spots for espresso, gelato, wine and pasta.
- A series of walking paths connect the pastel villages of Monterosso, Corniglia and Riomaggiore in Cinque Terre. Explore this amazing region on foot with a group hike (and make sure you bring your camera).
- Support the local community with a farewell dinner in Trastevere – a gorgeous area in Rome popular for its summer dining and aperitif culture – at a local cooperative that employs people living with disabilities and provides hospitality training.
- By travelling on this trip, you’ll learn about our Intrepid Foundation partner, Cooperativa Coraggio. Donations help them regenerate 22 hectares of unused public land to create local jobs and produce organic food in Italy. Intrepid will double the impact by dollar-matching all post-trip donations made to The Intrepid Foundation.