Peer into Russia’s past on this in-depth tour through some of Russia’s lesser-known cities. Spend 12 days exploring the marvels of this transcontinental nation, travelling east from Moscow to Yekaterinburg and through Tyumen and Tobolsk. Listen to the fascinating story of a true Siberian through his craft, tackle a section of the trans-Siberian railway and explore the legends of Tolstoy and the Romanov family with visits to their museums and final resting places. It’s the ultimate trip into Russian history for the curious traveller.
- Discover the Novodevichy Convent and Cemetery and learn about Russia history through the stories of the Russian celebrities rested here.
- Journey to Leo Tolstoy's estate where he wrote his masterpieces War and Peace and Anna Karenina, plus enjoy a traditional lunch with household recipes at his mansion.
- Visit one of the towns that mark Russia’s transcontinental divide, toasting with a champagne lunch to this vast land.
- Stop at Yekaterinburg and visit Ganina Yama, learning about the fallen fate of the Romanovs – the last Royal family in Russia.
- Be wowed by the delicate bone carving done by a true Siberian and listen to his story of life in Russia.