Explore the sights, sounds and tastes of Northern Spain on this food-focused adventure. Immerse yourself in local history and culture as you sample produce at La Boqueria Market, whip up Catalan specialties in a cooking class, enjoy myriad tapas bars in Logrono, discover the medieval streets and underground wine caves of Laguardia, and venture north to San Sebastian where beaches and a thriving food and arts scene bask together under a beaming sun. Experience a traditional Asturian sidreria (cider house) near Oviedo, attend a centuries’ old farmers market in the Potes and taste fresh seafood on the coast in Galicia. With Santiago de Compostela in your sights, your Spanish food pilgrimage is a path worth taking.
- Learn tried and tested techniques to make the best and most authentic Catalan and Basque cuisine from local experts.
- Tour the markets of Oviedo, Potes and A Coruna where stallholders will show you how to spot the most flavourful ingredients. After all, who knows where to find the freshest produce better than the locals?
- Sample the plates that make Northern Spain a true foodie's delight. Whether it’s tapas and paella, or regional specialty cheeses, hams and fresh seafood, your tongue and tummy will be happy you made the trip.
- Discover the iconic sights of Spain as you wander La Rambla in Barcelona, stroll the Parte Vieja in San Sebastian, and savour Santiago de Compostela.
- Savour the vast range of delicious drops that Spain is known for, including cava, vermouth, wine and cider. Get up close and personal with their production methods, learn the traditional ways to drink them and sit back and enjoy a sip in the Spanish sunshine.
- By travelling on this trip, you’ll directly support our Intrepid Foundation partner, Open Arms. Donations help them safeguard the physical integrity and rights of migrant people in imminent danger who have fled their homes across the Mediterranean Sea.