A ten-day jaunt through the countryside and cuisine of Switzerland is the ideal way to see (and taste) all things Swiss. This small nation packs a punch with its mountainous landscapes, glacial lakes, picturesque cities and food staples that are so tough to beat. Beginning in Zurich, head to historic St Gallen, lakeside Lucerne, adrenaline-filled Interlaken and cheese-obsessed Gruyeres before finishing in the nation’s quaint capital, Bern. Here, the outdoors has never looked so good and chocolate has never tasted so smooth, so it’s time to test it out yourself.
- Find out why the Swiss are known around the world for their cheese and chocolate, with visits to producers of both in La Gruyere region.
- Your local group leader will provide expert advice on how to make the most of your free time, as well as giving you orientation walks around each place so you can get your bearings.
- Discover the Top of Europe in the Jungfrau region. With a free day to choose your own adventure, you can take the day as relaxed or as thrill-seeking as you want to explore this highland haven.
- Take in the breathtaking alpine views from the summit of Pilatus Mountain with your small group, reached via the steepiest cogwheel railway in the world.
- With plenty of free time to explore at your own pace in Bern, you’ll discover why this city is considered as one of the most beautiful and laidback capital cities in the world.