Follow in the footsteps of ancient Greeks and Romans as you spent eight days hiking Turkey’s celebrated Lycian Way trail. Join a local leader to discover the beauty of the Turquoise Coast, strewn with historical riches and ruins. Explore rock-hewn Lycian tombs in Fethiye, admire the clear waters of Oludeniz’s Blue Lagoon, laze on Turkey’s longest sand beach at Patara and finish in the picture-perfect coastal town of Kas. Dig into the past and uncover the legacy of bygone civilisations, and delight in a country where tradition is alive and kicking.
- Spend an unforgettable week hiking along the Lycian Way, a path once used by ancient Greeks and Romans, joined by a local leader who will add historical context to your discoveries.
- Admire the ancient wonders of Fethiye, from the Lycian city of Telmessos and the Greek rock-hewn Tomb of Amyntas to the ruins of a 6000-seat Roman theatre.
- Unearth thousands of years of Turkey’s history and see how tradition lives on today during visits to Fethiye, Patara, Xanthos, Gey, Kayakoy and Kas.
- Your hikes will be complimented by a truly spectacular backdrop – the Turquoise Coast. Named for its vibrant waters, you’ll have plenty of chances to marvel at stunning beaches and dazzling coastline.
- Finish your journey in style, catching a boat from the castle-topped village of Simena to the coastal town of Kekova, crossing crystal-clear waters, stopping for snorkelling and passing charming islands.