Discover a thousand shades of green, indulge in some of the continent’s freshest food and share moments of connection with locals on this 13-day tour. Travel down the scenic East Coast Road into the countryside and across to the west coast before finishing in India’s deep south. Experience the cultures, religions and histories of this region through its small rural towns, fishing villages and the scented spice plantations set in the picturesque Western Ghats mountains. This revelatory trip introduces you to an area less travelled from the comfort of a private vehicle.
- Explore idyllic Pondicherry on a walking tour and discover the colonial French Quarter, colourful multi-tiered temples and the famous Sri Aurobindo Ashram.
- Take a nature walk in the acclaimed Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary, looking out for tiger tracks with your local village guides.
- Discover the diversity and incredible history of Kochi through a tour of its buildings, like India’s oldest functioning synagogue and a mixture of Portuguese, Dutch and British colonial architecture
- Witness the dramatic beauty of Kathakali, a captivating storytelling dance that artists must study for over a decade before performing.
- Cruise into the dreamy backwaters of Kerala and take a guided walk through a village to learn about life for the locals who live along these palm-lined canals.