Discover the rich history and richer flavours of Jordan, Israel and the Palestinian Territories on this 14-day Real Food Adventure. Here, the sweeping deserts of Wadi Rum offer themselves to roast Bedouin feasts underground, the Dead Sea grants its salt as a world-class garnish and the region’s climate has allowed olives to thrive for over 6000 years. Savour sabiach in Tel Aviv, learn the tricks of tahini from the Samaritans of Nablus, break bread with Druze folk and sample mouth-watering knafeh in Amman. In between these delicious diversions, float on the Dead Sea, see the holy sites of Jerusalem and explore rock-hewn Petra. Brimming with charismatic culture and lively dishes, this is an epicurean odyssey to remember.
- Let three sisters share their grandmother’s traditional recipes with you during a hands-on cooking class in Amman. Learn how to make a tasty maqluba, one of Jordan’s most beloved dishes.
- Feast on classic dishes in Israel’s legendary local eateries, from falafel, knafeh, and maqluba and fresh sabich to an institution in Nazareth acclaimed for its silky hummus.
- Uncover ancient traditions and flavours with a Jordanian shepherd over a typical mezze breakfast, a chance to learn about life in the countryside.
- Marvel at the majesty of Petra on a guided tour, speed through the desert on a jeep safari in Wadi Rum and float in the salty waters of the Dead Sea, the lowest point on earth.
- Share authentic home cooked meals with Druze villagers and a local family in Bethany, and learn about life in Petra when you sit down with a local family for a hearty serving of mansaf.