Explore the lands of Jordan, Israel and the Palestinian Territories on a 14-day Premium journey and come face to face with a history of biblical proportions. Jordan’s capital, Amman, reminds us of the glories of a great empire. Mysterious Petra appears out of nowhere – a remarkable rose-coloured city hewn from the sandstone cliffs by Nabataean people. Jerusalem is one of history’s great cities and a holy site for many of the world’s religions. The Western Wall, Church of the Holy Sepulchre, the Temple Mount – it’s all in one place. Discover all these cultural hotspots with the guidance of local leaders, staying in premium accommodation and appreciating authentic experiences. This is the proud heart of the Middle East.
- Embrace local life as you travel with passionate local leaders, discuss history with a geopolitical expert, meet a local Rabbi, and immerse yourself in Bedouin culture during an exciting evening at their camp.
- Visit one of the oldest neighbourhoods in Amman and enter a cooking school run by three sisters in the home of their grandmother. Learn how to make traditional Jordanian food and of course eat plenty of it too.
- Spend a day exploring the majesty and mystery of Petra, embark on a 4WD drive adventure through wind-swept rock formations of Wadi Rum and experience the unique sensation of floating in the Dead Sea.
- With two feature stays, experience the best of each country with a night in isolated elegance at a luxury camp in Wadi Rum and old school opulence in Bethlehem in a grand and elegant palace.
- Lift the lid on Middle Eastern cuisine when you dine in fantastic local restaurants in Amman and Jerusalem, take part in a hummus tasting in Tel Aviv and enjoy dinner at a Bedouin camp cooked in a traditional zarb.