Adventure from portside Muscat and Muttrah into the heart of Oman’s richly coloured past. Discover the awesome Islamic forts, age-old mud-brick houses, and silver- and spice-filled souqs that make this Middle Eastern jewel such a feast for the senses. The treasures aren’t all man-made: trip to the blazing remote landscapes of Wahiba Sands for a desert getaway with the Bedouins, and soak up breathtaking canyon views at Jebel Shams and Wadi Bani Awf before returning to the seaside capital.
- Stand on top of Oman, with the vast Grand Canyon at your feet and take the scenic route down through the mountains to Muscat.
- Walk through remote villages, tucked between mountains and at the bottom of valleys, lush with date palms and full of friendly locals, enjoy a visit to a local bee keeper and a hearty home-cooked Omani lunch.
- Scramble to the top of the Wahiba Sands dunes for incredible sunset and sunrise views, and experience traditional Omani hospitality over coffee and dates with a Bedouin family.
- Discover Oman's most phenomenal castles and mosques with guided visits to the Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque and Jabreen Castle.
- Step back in time with a night in Nizwa, staying in a heritage property in the heart of the old town, and stroll the souq for souvenirs.
- By travelling on this trip, you’ll directly support our Intrepid Foundation partner, Eden Reforestation Projects. Donations help them provide local employment opportunities and tackle climate change one tree at a time as they restore forests across 10 different countries.