Hug the eastern coastline of South America on this 17-day city, countryside and island adventure with Lonely Planet and Intrepid. Discover Buenos Aires’ eclectic markets at San Telmo, travel to Rio de Janeiro to soak up all the Brazilian party vibes and experience life on a working estancia in Uruguay. You’ll have a local leader each step of the way to recommend the best beach or coolest bar, plus a small group of likeminded travellers to share your experiences with. Ready, set – let’s fiesta.
- Spend three days at a working estancia (farm) in Uruguay, where you can spend your time getting involved in farm work, learning about gauchos, riding horses or simply relaxing in the sun.
- Stop in colourful Colonia del Sacramento, where vintage cars line the streets and an old drawbridge leads to the World Heritage-listed Old Quarter.
- The mighty Iguazu Falls straddles the border between Argentina and Brazil, and you’ll cross the border to see its incredible cascades from both sides.
- Let loose and samba the night away in Rio de Janeiro – South America’s party capital. Arriving in this bustling metropolis is the perfect way to continue your South American adventure.
- You’ll have plenty of time to choose your own adventure at Ilha Grande with two full days on the island. So if hiking, boating, kayaking or lazing on a beach is your thing, we’ve got you covered.