Take a deep dive into the Otago region on a 4-day active adventure in Wanaka. Let a local leader show you the very best of this slice of the South Island as you cycle the heritage-filled surrounds of gold rush Arrowtown, hike up to the hanging glaciers beneath Rob Roy Peak, kayak the glassy waters of Lake Wanaka and taste regional flavours at a local winery. Soak in spectacular cinematic backdrops as you walk up Mt Iron, visit a secluded Lake Wanaka island and experience a brand-new and thrilling cycling trail. From epic views to exhilarating activities, this adventure is sure to get your heart rate up.
- Combine the best cycling, hiking and kayaking experiences that Otago has to offer from one central base in stunning Wanaka.
- Spend a morning hiking to the dramatic hanging glaciers beneath the towering Rob Roy Peak then kick back at a local winery where you’ll meet the winemaker and learn the local craft.
- Hike to a lake within an island in a lake on an island, looking out for rare birds and insects along the way, then cool off with a swim in crystal clear waters.
- Cycle a spectacular brand-new track along man-made wooden trails secured to the bottom of sheer rock faces – arguably the best bit of cycling trail in Otago!
- Experience the beauty of Lake Wanaka from a different perspective as you take a guided kayaking tour across its waters, surrounded by unforgettable mountain views.
- By travelling on this trip, you’ll directly support our Intrepid Foundation partner, World Bicycle Relief. Donations provide school kids, health workers, and farmers in far-out areas with bicycles that provide access to education, healthcare, and income.