It’s almost like New Zealand was made for cycling. This is a land known for its natural beauty, welcoming people and delicious wine, and this cycling trip just happens to take in the best of it. Kick things off in the outdoor paradise of Queenstown, then cycle the famous Central Otago Rail Trail through small gold-mining towns like Alexandra, Omakau, Wedderburn and Hyde. Meander through the open plains with pristine rivers, enjoy some proper South Island hospitality at local taverns, and rediscover the joy of pedalling through one of the most gorgeous areas in the entire country.
- Cycle the spectacular Otago Central Rail Trail, the oldest rail trail in the country and voted 'New Zealand's Favourite Ride' for the past two years.
- Ring along flat, traffic-free paths alongside some of the South Island's most stunning scenery.
- Begin your journey in Queenstown, an outdoor paradise set among the stunning Southern Alps of New Zealand.
- Experience firsthand the famous hospitality of New Zealanders on a trail built specifically to cater to cyclists.
- Cycle in the company of an experienced guide as they share their unique perspective of this fascinating region.
- By travelling on this trip, you’ll directly support our Intrepid Foundation partner, World Bicycle Relief. Donations provide school kids, health workers, and farmers in far-out areas with bicycles that provide access to education, healthcare, and income.