Escape to orca country with an eight-day kayaking expedition in Canada’s Wildcoast wilderness. Launching from the pristine Quadra Island, take an adventure on the glacial waters of Johnstone Strait to Wildcoast’s Orca Camp: prime killer whale territory, alongside porpoises, dolphins and humpbacks. Be encapsulated by misty forests lining the banks of northern Vancouver Island to the east, and mainland Canada to the west. After each day of exploring, nestle in a cedar hot tub and relax in your oceanfront glamping site. This is a nature lover’s dream to the remote Discovery Passage, without leaving any creature comforts behind.
- Orca whales are a sight to behold. Witness the huge mammals breaching while you paddle on the Johnstone Strait, and hear their calls with underwater microphones on your Zodiac experience.
- The largely untouched Canadian wilderness provides an unforgettable backdrop to your water adventure. Paddle past inlets and uninhabited islands to the sight of bear cubs scurrying along the rocky shores.
- See the Discovery Passage in style with waterfront lodging on Quadra Island and a unique orca glamping experience, with safari-style tents, hot tubs and a native-style sauna.
- Kayaking is the best way to explore Canada’s Wildcoast, and with the ability to do as much or as little paddling as you’d like, your expedition is as free as the wild porpoises and orcas that’ll pass you by.
- Explore the pristine Quadra Island before and after your sea life exploration, hiking through coastal rain forest and visiting the site of the historic Ripple Rock explosion.