There’s no surprise how revered the shores of Vancouver Island have become, with its quaint towns, appealing active attractions and a whole variety of natural diversity. And in winter, it’s no different. Spend five days seeing the best of Vancouver Island’s east coast, ferrying to vivacious Victoria and exploring the harbourside hotspots of Comox and Nanaimo. Plus, to top it off, embark on a morning snowshoeing up the peaks of Mt Washington, admiring the mountain in all its wintery glory. With the right balance of active inclusions and free time to pick what’s next, this short and sweet island adventure is yours to craft the way you want and experience at a pace that suits you. The hardest part is choosing your activities, so luckily you’ll have a local leader to guide the way.
- Get active out of Comox with an included snowshoeing adventure around the slopes of the mighty Mt Washington. Your personal guide will keep you safe and show you the best vantage points on the mountain.
- Get acquainted with the streets of charming Victoria on a leader-led orientation walk, then try your hand spotting the residents of the sea with some sunset whale watching.
- With plenty of free time scheduled in Comox and Nanaimo, you have the power to choose your next activity. Kayaking adventures, hikes along rapids, brewery or distillery visits? It’s totally up to you.
- Before you wrap up, take a walk with your leader and fellow travellers around the beautiful natural haven of Stanley Park, located right near the centre of Vancouver’s CBD.
- Part of the stresses of a holiday comes with booking all your transfers. Luckily for you, the ferry and private vehicle transport has been arranged, so you can just sit back and soak in the views.