Pack your best hiking shoes for an adventurous walking trip that loops from Anchorage and takes in all the highlights of Alaska’s Kenai Peninsula. On this 7-day tour, you’ll explore the mountainous trails of the Kenai Fjords and Chugach national parks, stand atop the ancient Harding Icefield and maybe even spot some marine wildlife in the cold coastal waters. With transportation between trails and leisurely stops in the laidback fishing town of Seward and the artsy town of Homer, you’ll have plenty of time to relax and refresh – or keep moving with one of the many optional add-on activities to choose from.
- Enjoy some of Alaska's most scenic and iconic hikes, with views of Prince William Sound, snow-capped mountains and glaciers as you explore the Kenai Peninsula and Kenai Fjords National Park.
- Let an expert guide take you on all included treks, with local knowledge and years of experience that will give you real insight into Alaskan life and nature.
- Walk on the expansive Harding Icefield, one of 4 major icecaps in the US and believed to be a remnant of the Pleistocene ice masses that once covered half of Alaska.
- Spend a free day exploring the small city of Homer at your own pace, with options for halibut fishing, bear viewing or just relaxing in this place that’s famously known as “the end of the road.”
- Hike up the Flattop Mountain in Chugach National Park for the best views of Anchorage on one side, and breathtaking views of mountaintops and deep valleys on the other.