From south to north, Vietnam is a kaleidoscope of wonderful people and picturesque landscapes. Imagine learning the mysteries of the Viet Minh in Ho Chi Minh City or exploring the beautiful lakes and boulevards of Hanoi – and what better way to get to know the locals than to be their guests at a local Mekong Delta guesthouse, or to eat breakfast the local way in Hue? Experience historical temples, visit Vietnam’s spectacular coastline, enjoy delicious banquets and explore lively cities – all with a touch of comfort – on this 15-day Classic Vietnam tour.
- Take a comprehensive trip through this South East Asian hotspot. The trip takes you from south to north, to the must-see tourists sites as well a a little off the beaten track.
- This is a Comfort style trip, which means slightly higher standard hotels and a few more inclusions and meals than on most Original style itineraries. We also fly between some distant destinations to make the most of our time together.
- We spend a night in a locally run guesthouse on the Mekong Delta - often a highlight for many of our travellers for its insight into local life.
- Spend time on the coast in the seaside resort town of Phan Rang where you have time to stroll the sandy beaches and head out on the water to snorkel.
- Discover just why Halong Bay is so popular as you spend the night on a boat among the evocative karst landscape and indulge in a feast of fresh seafood.
- Sample local food wherever you go, from a seafood dinner on Halong Bay, street snacks at markets, coconut candy and tropical fruits in the Mekong Delta, and a special breakfast at KOTO restaurant.