No one leaves this real food adventure hungry! Immerse yourself in the culinary delights of the Balkans on a 12-day tour through Croatia, Montenegro and Macedonia. Picnic on the lush banks of the Treska River, stroll through national parks and soak up picturesque scenes of waterfalls, church-filled villages and some of Macedonia’s most spiritual sites. Sip a traditional fermented drink – boza – for breakfast (don’t knock it ‘til you try it!), master the art of the perfect pastry with the village women of Janche, enjoy A traditional barbeque in Kosovo, dine on a home-grown meal in the private garden of a Dihovo family and visit a centuries-old olive press outside of Kotor. Experience next level hospitality on this unforgettable foodie adventure.
- Discover why the Balkans are the next big thing in food – drink boza, rakija and wine, and taste pinjur, makalo, bieno cheese, ckembe corba and more in this adventurous foodie destination
- Learn how to make the regional specialty of pastries with local village women in Janche
- Meet a local beekeeper and get the buzz on honey in a bee master class
- Taste one of the newest players on the world wine scene – sample Macedonia’s finest drops with a celebrated local expert
- Explore a world hams and cheeses in a centuries-old smokehouse, and olive oil in local farm outside of Kotor