Create your own wildlife-filled jungle jaunt through Madagascar on this 14-day adventure to the island’s hotspots. You’ll be lazing on white-sand beaches, exploring tropical rainforests and spending time with a huge variety of local wildlife, including the lemur – the island’s most popular animal inhabitants. Dig a little deeper throughout your journey and interact with local communities, getting an insight into the day-to-day life of Malagasy and Betsileo peoples. Discover the French colonial influences in Antananarivo and Antsirabe, and get the chance to chill out in your own time. An eco escapade in Madagascar awaits, with local wildlife, beaches and a little adventure at every turn.
- A wildlife lover's dream – count how many species of lemur and other exotic animals you can spot as you explore the Anja Community Reserve, Ranomafana National Park and Andasibe National Park.
- Connect with nature during a stay in a cottage deep within the Ranomafana National Park, surrounded by lush rainforest and countless species of fascinating plants and animals.
- Learn more about the important Malagasy process of silk production with a visit to local village industries in Manandriana where a cooperative of silk weavers are using their craft both to preserve local tradition and to provide for the future.
- Explore Mitsinjo Forest – a privately-owned reserve that’s giving back to the local community and promoting conservation – on a guided night walk where you’ll be lucky to catch glimpse of nocturnal species likes endemic butterflies and lemurs.
- Take a hands-on chocolate making class with a local chef and learn the secrets that make Malagasy chocolate so unique and delicious – and then get to sample your creations!