Take a journey through Nepal and India on a 16-day tour that avoids the tourist crowds in favour of slices of authentic daily life. Look for Bengal tigers in the jungle during two safari excursions in Nepal’s Bardia National Park, Explore the palatial hallway’s and gardens of Lucknow’s Mighal-era buildings and watch a fire ceremony along the holy Ganges River in the spiritual city of Rishikesh, all before exploring the iconic cities that make up India’s famous Golden Triangle – Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, where you’ll experience the history of massive forts, the opulence and splendour of Rajasthan’s palaces, the bustle and buzz of markets and bazaars, and the traditions of a heritage stay. Travel through two contrasting lands on an adventure jam-packed with unforgettable highlights.
- Look for Bengal tigers, one horned rhinos and other wildlife on two safari excursions in Bardia National Park, where recent Nepalese efforts have resulted in tiger populations doubling since 2009.
- Explore the faded beauty and mural-lined corridors of Chaurasi Kutia, more commonly known today as 'The Beatles Ashram' in Rishikesh! Check out the now deserted ashram where they composed some of their hit songs in the 60s
- Watch the nightly Ganga Aarti ceremony unfold along the Ganges River in Rishikesh, gathering with the local community to watch this captivating ritual involving fire and music.
- Discover the delights of under-touristed, hip, and foodie city of Lucknow. From the palatial grounds of the Bara Imambara religious complex to the rich, spice-heavy Awadhi food the city is famous for.
- Float among the clouds over Jaipur and watch an Indian sunrise from the basket of a hot air balloon on an optional balloon safari.
- Visit the monumental Amber Fort – overlooking the picturesque scene of Moata Lake, this is one sight that will forever be under India’s protection.
- Experience authentic Rajasthani luxury with a heritage stay in Karauli, a delightful town packed with rural ambience and traditional temples.