Through a mix of festival celebrations, cultural experiences and trekking in the Himalayas, this women’s only expedition will give you a unique insight into the diverse lives of Nepalese women. Meet a wide range of female trailblazers, from chefs at a social enterprise, women campaigning to end discrimination against women who are menstruating, to an all-female crew of mountain guides and porters. Hear a range of inspiring personal stories and spend some time reconnecting with nature at a female-run village homestay on the fringes of Chitwan National Park, which is helping to conserve wildlife in the area. You’ll also have the chance to take part in the Hartalika Teej Festival alongside the locals, a three-day women’s only Hindu celebration.
- Enjoy a five-day hike in the stunning Annapurnas, while being completely supported by an all-female crew of leaders, guides, assistants, and even porters.
- Visit an NGO working to abolish the practice of Chhaupadi, the illegal but socially common practice of forbidding women to enter their homes, kitchens, schools, and temples during their menstrual cycle, as they are thought to be rendered temporarily impure.
- Visit Madi Valley, a homestay run by women that is working alleviate human impact on the surrounding nature and wildlife.
- Learn how to create traditional Nepalese dishes while supporting a unique social enterprise that has changed the lives of more than 1,000 disadvantaged women in Nepal.
- Take a wilderness safari through Chitwan National Park, widely recognised as one of the best national parks in Asia, and search for rhinos, crocodiles, monkeys and deer.
- Dress up in red to celebrate Hartalika Teej Festival with local ladies as they sing and dance their way to visit Pashupatinath Temple, open exclusively to women on this special day.