The sights in India’s famous Golden Triangle are one thing, but golden doesn’t even begin to describe the richness of epicurean experiences in Delhi, Agra and Jaipur. Join this special vegan-themed India food adventure and see why this corner of the subcontinent is one of the greatest places in the world for vegan travellers. With the input of not only the locals but also six knowledgeable vegan influencers from Canada, UK and Australia – who joined us on the road on a pilot trip to help us fine-tune this brand new adventure – this itinerary ventures far beyond the masala dosas and veggie samosas of the high street cafes. It’s a chance to discover a side of Indian cooking you never knew existed, and with vegan cuisine in its finest hour across the globe, now is the time to experience it.
- Discover not only the iconic sights of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur – from Amber Fort to the Taj Mahal – but also taste the best and most authentic local vegan cuisine the Golden Triangle has to offer
- For vegan travellers, it doesn’t get much better than India. Think soft, warm pearl millet roti bread; samosas bursting with soft spiced potato; curries of fragrant turmeric, cardamom and clove; and fresh salads of sangri beans and ker berries.
- With the expertise and enthusiasm of six vegan influencers, and our usual insider knowledge thanks to the locals, this trip is the perfect combination of classic and contemporary
- Tour historic Old Delhi by rickshaw and taste the delectable vegan food found in the backstreets. Snack on vegetable samosas and savour the legendary fresh-baked, shallow-fried paratha flatbread of the Chandni Chowk precinct
- For lunch in Agra, visit the courageous people at Sheroes Hangout, a beautiful café and important social enterprise that employs and supports female acid attack victims
- Enjoy a stay in one of Rajasthan’s finest heritage hotels, Castle Kanota. These opulent grounds are the perfect place in which to escape the hustle and bustle of the city – and enjoy a sumptuous Rajasthani vegan feast while you’re at it
- Try your hand at authentic vegan cuisine in cooking classes with local experts – in locations as novel as a grand old Indian haveli